GAIA is looking for the Communication Officer for Climate 4 Change project
Climate 4 change is one year long project, supported by the the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Kosovar Civil Society Foundation (KCSF,) which aim is to address the biggest challenge of our times, climate change. The project includes a seria of information and education activities around Kosovo, training for climate activist, tree planting actions and Climate action day.
We are looking for a person who would join our Climate 4 Change team latest from 1st of June until 31st of December 2019 (7 months). A trial period of two weeks could be conducted in May.
The tasks for communication officer in general are related to all aspects of communication of the project, and in more specific the following:
- follow news, reports and studies on climate change related topics in Kosovo, Balkans and the World
- represent GAIA and the project on public events
- take care of social media, web page and news regarding the project
- communicate with participants of events
- work on the publication with the team
- follow communication strategy of the project
- monitor the action plan
- be part of the project team
What is needed for this position:
- obviously, good communication skills 🙂
- high interested in climate change and environmental challenges
- experience in tasks related to communication, preferably within civil society
- knowledge about office, wordpress and social media
- good knowledge of English, speaking and writing
- environmentally responsible behavior
Working place: Prishtina, with occasional travels to other places where we have other activities
The brutto salary for this part time position (20 hours a week) is 250 euro.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter by 6th of May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should include information on motivation and expectations, experience and answers on the follow questions:
- what are you biggest environmental concerns?
- what do you do in everyday life to reduce your impact on environment?
- what would be your message to people of Kosovo about climate change?
For any questions, you can contact us to: email@example.com
Climate 4 Change project is supported by the ‘Civil Society programme for Albania and Kosovo’, financed by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Kosovar Civil Society Foundation (KCSF) in partnership with Partners Albania for Change and Development (PA). The content and recommendations do not represent the official position of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Kosovar Civil Society Foundation (KCSF).