Volunteers’ Center of Vojvodina is organizing a seminar within the framework of the project PATH: Peace Activism through Lessons from History of Forced Migration, where we will gather 25 youth workers, activists working with youth and volunteers interested in or active in working with refugees. Participants from more than 7 countries will gather for 7 days to learn, share, challenge, create and change.
During this seminar, which will take place from 8th till 14th of May 2017 in Novi Sad, participants will :
● learn and analyze current situation in Europe and the EU, regarding the refugee crisis, legal frame, human rights and core values
● discuss about existing initiatives that support refugees and migrants along the “Balkan route” in local communities, collectives, organizations, institutions etc.
● learn about the wars in ex-Yugoslavia, forced migrations and challenges during and after the wars (status, inclusion mechanisms, discrimination etc.)
● learn about resistance and peace movement during the 90’s (deserters, journalists, musicians, organizations etc.)
● discuss the role of SCI in the past and today (SCI during the wars in ex-Yugoslavia, SAVA WG)
● organize a public event – living library with living books which had to leave their homes even though they did not want that
● create video footage and collect contents for the final exhibition to be presented at the final visibility event in Bulgaria in January 2018 on the topic of lessons from the past with the focus on personal stories and power of remembrance
More information on conditions and practicalities about the seminar is available on this LINK
Application form is HERE and the deadline for filling it in is 5th of April 2017!