In summer GAIA is hosting a group of 12 EVS volunteers in Brezovica for a month within the Mountain spirit project and we are a looking for a person to coordinate the group, to work with GAIA’s team on program and content, to take care of logistics and administrative stuff. The group EVS will be focused on documenting biodiversity and nature of Sharr mountain.
GAIA Kosovo (branch of Service Civil International /SCI/) is one of the organizations which will host short term and long term volunteers interested in nature conservation. From 21st of July until 19th of August, we will host 12 volunteers from different European countries in Brezovica in Sharr Mountains. Description of the volunteering project can be seen here.
Besides group EVS, GAIA is already hosting 4 volunteers and is planning to organize different events related to nature, art, youth and culture within Balkan LyNKS project. More than 40 young enthusiasts and a team of volunteers will be doing research, documentation, art, clean up actions and organization of BREfest 2.0.
At this moment, we are looking for a person who is willing to spend at least month and a half in Brezovica and to coordinate 12 volunteers through EVS project.
It would be ideally that this person:
- is involved and active in GAIA or at least took part in some of the activities
- has basic experience in nature conservation / environmental protection
- has experience in working with volunteers and international groups of youngsters
- has good knowledge of English and at least basic knowledge of Albanian or Serbian
- can work in international team, has good communication skills, sense of initiative and is flexible and open to work in dynamic and challenging situations
- has solid knowledge about EVS and Erasmus+ program or is willing to learn
Tasks for the Mountain Spirit EVS coordinator in Sharr mountain will be the following:
- preparation of the infosheet, program and activities
- regular meetings with the program team, reporting and initiating activities
- daily coordination of the volunteers
- providing support to volunteers for realization of activities, organization of free time and travel
- preparing report (narrative and financial) of the activity after it is realized
We would prefer to engage someone from GAIA, rather than from outside world :), but if you see yourself as someone who could support Sharr program and EVS group, please feel free to apply.
Those who are interested should send their Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th of May 2018. Cover letter should include information on motivation, experience, skills, expectations and similar.
EVS coordiantor will have accommodation covered through the project and honorarium of at least 300 EUR per month (brutto); maximum duration of engagement will be 2 months (July and August), but we are open for different agreements.
For any questions, do not hesitate to ask… (contact Mira Popova at email@example.com)